Following on from a data protection review in January and February 2017, a number of enhancements will be implemented in March and April 2017. This page provides full details of all the changes and amendments - providing staff with instructions to allow them to both understand and undertake the changes.
It is essential that ALL STAFF are fully aware of the risks posed if through human or technical fault, data falls into the hands of inappropriate parties. We have both a legal and moral duty to ensure we adequately protect the data we have access to.
The changes will be rolled out over a period of time - as each initiative becomes live, further instructions will be posted on this page
1. Changing your iPad Passcode to 6 digits - went live on 3rd March 2017
2. Changing your secret question and logging in with it in iSAMS - Went live on 13th March 2017
3. Password change - Self Service Portal (now mandatory every 90 days) - Went live on March 29th 2017.
4. Two factor authentication in Google Accounts - Not yet live (May 2017 Concept being tested by members of SLT, but all colleagues invited to use it if they wish.)
5. Joining Staff WiFi - Live, not fully documented - you need to visit CLS if you change your mobile
6. Email on Staff Devices - Not yet live
Finally, staff are reminded never to leave a mobile device unattended (either at school or elsewhere), and never to walk away from a logged in device without locking the screen, or ensuring no one else is able to access the room. If staff think their accounts have been compromised, or a device has been lost, they must inform a member of the IT department immediately.